Assessment and Clinical Services
The Neurobehavioral Clinic and Counseling Center’s specialty of treating neurologically-impaired individuals and their loved ones has evolved as a result of our extensive clinical experience in major rehabilitation programs. We have identified what does–and doesn’t–help patients as they attempt to regain meaning and productivity in their lives. We see children, adolescents, and adults.
Clinical research with neurologically-impaired individuals has confirmed the importance of treating cognitive, emotional, and physical problems simultaneously. Individual and small group formats are ideal. Treatment, which leads to greater independence across home, community, school, and work settings, must be the focus of care.
Our work with patients begins with a complete examination. This evaluation is necessarily exhaustive and includes formal assessment, as well as clinical observations within a patient’s real-world settings.
We need to know the person we are about to treat, and what treatment candidates want to redevelop and rekindle in their lives. We need to know the context within which they plan to live, work and grow.
The Neurobehavioral Clinical and Counseling Center provides the following Assessment and Clinical Services:
- Thorough psychosocial history
- Neuropsychological testing
- Psychological testing
- Rehabilitation psychology evaluation
- Neuropsychological rehabilitation
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Home, community, work, and school reentry evaluations
- Sensorimotor evaluation and treatment
- “Real-world” appraisals of functioning
- School observations
- IEP meeting attendance
- Second opinions
- Independent medical examinations (IMEs)
- Qualified medical examinations (QMEs)
- Medical-legal examinations
- Forensic neuropsychological and psychological evaluations
- Psychoeducational evaluations
Types of Talks we give:
- Neuropsychological rehabilitation inservices for health-care professionals
- Living with a loved one who has sustained a neurological injury
- Parenting workshops for parents of unique children and adolescents
- Forensic and medical-legal aspects of traumatic and catastrophic injuries
- Sports concussions and return-to-play decisions
- School re-entry issues with students who have complex neurological injuries or neurodevelopmental problems
- Strengths and vulnerabilities of assessment approaches used by psychological and neuropsychological expert witnesses
- Direct and Indirect Methods of Assessing Effort/Motivation in Forensic Evaluations
Fees for Services
Specialized rehabilitative care almost always requires prior authorization from insurance companies, therefore we cannot begin care until the details about payment are made clear.
Our rates are reasonable and sensible. We will always work with our patients and their families to discover the best way to afford treatment without seriously compromising their financial situations.
Patient Agreement and Office Policies
Click here to download a PDF document for the Patient Agreement and Office Policies. If you don’t have Adobe Acrobat Reader you can click here to download it for free.